Wednesday, July 9, 2008

a prick on the way to a garden....

i have a wonderful friend. her name is Su Yin. she is very nice to me. one could compare her to a flower that blooms each day without failure. don't get the wrong picture in your mind now. she is one year older than me and i look up to her as a big sister. all the things she does, have a valid reason behind. i have known her my whole secondary school life. she has protected, advised, cared, and guided me in numerous situations. people may say that she gets angry unnecessarily, but to me, she has never done that so i don't really mind. today is the spelling bee grand finals. the ELS of smk bukit mewah has worked very hard on this project and we did not want any faults upon anybody for the grand finals. now, su yin was one of the judges and shaki and i were the MCs for this event. everything went smoothly and we reached the segment where we supposed to give away souveniers for the commitee members. picture this, i was up on stage and su yin was sitting in the place allocated for the judges down there. when i glanced at her for a moment, she was mumbling something at me. i managed to figure out, she was saying "the representative for the commitee is malini. call her up". so i assumed that we were supposed to just call malini up and not to mention the other commitee's names. thats exactly what i did. when it was over, i was walking towards her and she started shouting at me. she was saying that we were supposed to read out the names of the commitee members. i felt shivers. i just walked away from that place and started arranging the chairs. as i was arranging tears rushed from my eyes because i know we all worked hard for this project and at the end of it all, she was to have a bad memory of me, whom she believed was capable on carrying out tasks well. to hide my tears i went in to the basement and started arranging the chairs back to their rightful places. my friend, who saw this scenario went straight to su yin and he kinda 'knocked some sense into her'. i didn't know this because i was busy stacking up chairs in the basement.finally, she came to me looking guilty and said sorry. her face was all red. the funny thing is that if i looked upon her as a big sister, what i should have done is, take her 'shoutings' as an advice and said sorry for my part. when i realised this, i was feeling all guilty. now, this is just a prick on the way to a garden called everlasting friendship. if you think that i am going to let this 'prick' stop my journey to the 'garden', the you are wrong.

No comments: