Thursday, February 19, 2009

silence.....

the silence was torture. not a word said or one received for a whole hour. sure, i talked with those who talked to me but that does not count as i am not talking, i am just answering, forced to, unwillingly. he just kept doing his work and i did mine.

waiting for a question to end the misery brought no results, only more time wasted. my eyes slide to the side where he sat doing his mathematics and narrating the equations to himself. a friend for so long. fights came and went, but we remained the same, friends. not a day have i not spoken to him in school (alright, maybe just a few). today, the misunderstanding was different, in the sense that neither of us have apologized yet.

i sat there wondering, should i break down my wall of ego and apologize but something held me back. i got back to my mathematics. time passed, and the silence persisted. the thought of returning home with the question How long will it continue? haunted me.

i called him an imbecile, a word that is the total opposite of him. but it was just a joke, meant to be laughed at five minutes later. but laughter never came, joy left without a word, and friendship sailed far away.

the school bell which usually brought relief to my mind, went off startling a few sensors, Just say sorry, but i just kept packing my bag. my bag was packed, and he was placing some books in his. now is a good time, just say sorry. i stood up, hoping that he would just say 'wait', but it never came. my feet took a few steps away from him, when my heart told me to wait. Ego took over, i walked away, leaving him behind.

taking very slow steps ,praying that he would catch up, i reached the canteen. i turned around and saw him walking, but he never acknowledged me so i turned away. at that moment, i realised my wrong, unfortunately when i turned he disappeared. i walked down the corridor alone, with no smile on my face, probably the first time this year.

when i reached the school gates, i saw him walking towards his car. i did want to walk up to him and end the silence but i didn't. i took a few steps forward but then, he kept on walking so, i stopped and turned around. Maybe tomorrow.

P.S.: this kinda like happened except for the last part, a bit different. i had a misunderstanding with my closest friend and i am keeping my fingers crossed that he would forgive me .

1 comment:

Netusha said...

Lol, I remember the same thing happened to me except for the part that she started the fight. =P I think every relationship gets into at least 1 fight and bad times which is suppose to be known as the breaking point. Don't worry, you can make it through! If I were you, I would apologise to him because I called him "imbecile". Maybe he shouldn't have taken it seriously. You could apologise to him but be abit cheerful so he could smile back.

Not trying to be nosy or anything, just telling you. :D By the way, good blog! Check out mine too, ok?